Skip to main content

"Remember the Greatness of the Holy One of Israel," 2 Nephi 9:40-43

2 Nephi 9:40-43

I have been reprimanded and reminded this morning about seasons past that I had been closer to my God.

The footnote for "come unto the Lord" in verse 41 lists a long line of scriptures found in the Book of Mormon alone, a powerful reminder of this testament's witness of Christ.

These verses in this chapter also remind me that there is a standard in the Lord God that we are to be measured against.

  • "Remember the words of your Maker," (vs. 40).
  • "Remember that his paths are righteousness," (vs. 41).
  • "Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him," (vs. 41).
  • "He cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name," (vs. 41).
What has impressed me about these verses is that Christ has come as an one knowing, who fulfilled his potential; which divine potential is also an inherent part of our immortal makeup. The standard that I am given the potential to rise up to is the example of the life of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is the happiness that God has prepared for the Saints (see vs. 43).

Comments