Skip to main content

The Cause of the Righteous, 2 Nephi 13:9-15

2 Nephi 13:9-15

There is one verse amidst all the decreed condemnation and destruction of Judah and Jerusalem that is worthy of my entire attention this morning, verse 10: "Say unto the righteous that it is well with them; for they shall eat the fruit of their doings."

I struggle with this daily, perhaps we all do. But that there are blessings specifically assigned to the righteous, makes the desire to obtain such a station all the more worthy of our best time and efforts. Arguably, it is in the pursuit of righteousness that we obtain it. Thus, to be righteous becomes a lifelong process, a continual exertion of our best selves.

"How can such a state of constant striving, yield fruits?" "How could fruit grow into maturity otherwise?" is perhaps the better question.

Today I will strive to become whom I ought to be, for whom I know I should have become yesterday, but still hope I can become tomorrow, so that in the end, through repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Fountain of all righteousness , I might finally become like Him.

(There is a lot of striving that has gone into working out the wording of these verse.)

Comments