Skip to main content

Healed by the Power of the Lamb of God, 1 Nephi 11:31

1 Nephi 11:31

I've followed the footnote at the end of the verse this evening for the word "healed".
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
(Malachi 4:2)

This is the reason why we need not be subjected to crass media or any form of objectionable content. Because we can be healed by the power of the Lamb of God, why should we create new wounds?

Jesus said to the woman with an issue of blood, "Daughter, be of good comfort, thy faith hath made thee whole,"(Matt 9:22).
And when the men of that place had a knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased;

And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole, (Matt 14:35-36).
He healed the ruler's daughter (see Mark 5:35-43). He healed the two blind men in their home as he was passing by (see Matt 9:27-30). "[He] healed them all," (Luke 6:19).

I've assembled this simple collection of verses and have read several others this evening. I've experienced a sublime sense of wonder and admiration as I have done so. I believe in this Christ who had power to heal everyone that believed on His name. This is the Christ and He is the healer of my soul, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Alive in Christ," 2 Nephi 25:21-30

2 Nephi 25:21-31 The premise for these final verses of chapter 25 is found in the end of verse 20 : ...yea, behold I say unto you, that as these things are true, and as the Lord God liveth, there is none other name given under heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, of which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved.  Then in verse 21 , Nephi explains that this is the reason that the Lord had promised him that the things which he should write would be preserved and made available to future generations. These verse that follow talk about Nephi's efforts to persuade his children to believe in Christ. He said that he "labored diligently to write, to persuade [his] children, and also [his] brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God;"(See verse 23 ). This same verse then concludes with this defining, doctrinal statement: "For we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." Nephi goes on to make a very interesting set of observations, ...

"A Space Between Death and the Resurrection," Alma 40:15-21

Alma 40:15-21 https://www.lds.org/scriptures/tg/resurrection?lang=eng The New Testament, after the Resurrection of Christ, is replete with testimony by the apostles of the reality of that very thing. I took a pause from this study to reflect over in John 6 . At least twice within that passage, the phrase "the resurrection of the just" had been added back into the passage in the Joseph Smith Translation. No man can come unto me, except he doeth the will of my Father who hath sent me. And this is the will of him who hath sent me, that ye receive the Son; for the Father beareth record of him; and he who receiveth the testimony, and doeth the will of him who sent me, I will raise up in the resurrection of the just. ( JST - John 6:44 ) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up in the resurrection of the just at the last day. ( John 6:54 ) Why, among other doctrines, does the adversary or the world want to suppress...