Skip to main content

A Committed God, 2 Nephi 8:13-25

These remarks may be construed as boastful, but they are inspired out of a spirit of profound gratitude. I am very grateful this morning for the council that has lead me to start each day out with a period of study in the scriptures. I am grateful to start each study with a prayer to my God, who is also my Father.

This morning as I concluded my prayer, I felt the same regard, respect, appreciation, and love towards my Heavenly Father that I have had towards my own father and other men whom I have held in close personal regard. The reality of God as my Father personally, whom I can love with all the same endearing affections as I have my own mortal father, has been impressed upon my mind this morning.



2 Nephi 8:13-25

As I have read through the remainder of 2 Nephi 8, verses 13-25, the Lord is explaining to His people His personal commitment to them. In verse 16, He concludes with this simple statement, "Behold, thou art my people." Throughout the remainder of this chapter, one thought is clear in my mind. The Lord our God is personally committed to the restoration and the salvation of His people. The Lord will, and in many ways already has, reestablish His people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"An Awful Death," Alma 40:22-26

Alma 40:22-26 Ezekiel 37:6-14 - This prophecy of Ezekiel is a key indicator of divine priority. These last few verses at the end of the chapter are a testimony of the reality and nature of the resurrection, and the consignments of the wicked and the righteous thereafter. What questions should I be asking about these verses? Continue in verse 26 tomorrow. There are a number of footnotes on "the death of the wicked," or that death which "pertains to the things of righteousness." So I have spent the morning studying this death of the wicked, by reading the footnotes on "death" as referenced in title of this post, or "an awful death of the wicked."  Doctrine and Covenants 29:41 truly illustrates the seriousness of that predicament. He first is talking about the spiritual death that came upon Adam when he was cast out of the Garden of Eden: ...wherein he became spiritually dead, which is the first death, even that same death which is

"Behold, Here Are Six Onties of Silver," Alma 11:1-22

Alma 11:1-22 I finally arrive at chapter 11 of Alma. We have at the beginning of the chapter an explanation of the currency of the day among the Nephites. It is laid out as such: Nephite Coinage Chart Gold Silver Value limnah onti ( vs.22 ) Equal to a senine, a seon, and a shum of gold combined, or equal to a senum, an amnor, and a ezrom of silver combined. (7 senines, 7 senums, or 7 days of work) ( vs. 10, 13 ) shum ezrom 2 seons (4 senines) or 2 amnors (4 senums) ( vs. 9, 12 ) seon amnor 2 senines or 2 senums ( vs. 8, 11 ) antion 3 shiblons, which means it should be 1½ senine ( vs. 19 ) senine senum This is the base measurement from which all other coins are valued. A day's wages for a judge. Also, the worth of a measure of barley and every other kind of grain.( vs. 3, 7 ) shiblon half a senum, half a measure of barley ( vs. 15 ) shiblum half a shiblon (4 shiblums = a senum) ( vs. 16 ) leah half a shiblum (8 leahs = a senum) ( vs. 17 ) In verse 20 , we learn that the motivation